Our Little Buddy-much loved and still missed.

Our Little Buddy-much loved and still missed.
"RESCUED" is my favorite breed oh, and Dachshunds!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Scrappin Saturday

Wowza!  Spent an entire Saturday sitting among Super Scrappers.  The creative vibes were permeating the entire room.  When I walked in and saw all the cutting machines, embossing stuff, sticker makers, etc, etc., I could hardly believe my eyes.  Computers, layout books, stamps, and ink pads were everywhere.  The best part was everyone shared their toys too!  Then there was the food.  I must say if you didn't get full it was totally your own fault.  I made some Butterfly Boxes.
.
You can get the free SVG here.  The wing tips are held together with Velcro dots.  This way the wings pull apart and the middle unfolds and the box can be used again.  They are too cute to tear up.  I also made some Box Cards and this is the only one left not already given away.
The bottom of this is a 5x11 inch of card stock with a 5x3 inch pop up center.  I will try to post directions later.  The last was a Valentines Pop Up Box.  You can find the layouts for this type of box all over the Internet.  Search for "impossible box"  or "Pop Up Box."  This makes it's own lid when you push the top down.  Spiffy! 
I also worked on pop up cards and it took me 3 hours to figure out how to make an SVG that would cut correctly.  I will post some pictures of my cards when I get them done.  I can now make lots of shapes "pop up" out of a card and I just have to cut it out on the cricut.  I love my Sure Cuts Alot software!  I am so glad I had it before Provo Craft got the burr up their hind end and ruined all the fun by making it illegal to buy it and use it with their products anymore.   I think they got the message when so many of us dumped their products.  I am keeping what I have but won't buy new provo craft items.   I wish I could spend some more time absorbing the creative vibes from the scrap today, but it's my Mother in Law's 90th Birthday!   We are having a big party for her at the assisted living center. 

Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I agree about Cricut ruining all the fun. Thankfully I bought it before then too.

    ReplyDelete