Our Little Buddy-much loved and still missed.

Our Little Buddy-much loved and still missed.
"RESCUED" is my favorite breed oh, and Dachshunds!

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Valentines Candy

Well Crafty Neighbor Barb was tied up all day today with the grand kids so I thought I would try out a few "ideas" I had for Hershey bar covers.  We had some left over candy bars from Christmas and were going to use them for Valentines Day, and Easter.  Here is what I came up with.
Here is what it looks like open
I used a paper flower I got in a grab bag and some $.99 cent foam accents that I found somewhere.
The next one, I took some heart shapes and welded them together using my Sure Cuts Alot program.  Then I put another heart in the center of them.  The lock and key is a SVG  from "Jennifer Collector of Hobbies" blog.  Thank you so much for sharing that!! 
Here it is open, you can't tell but the "key" stands up away from the lock.  The bottom hearts are embossed also.   The pictures don't make this look as good as this does for real.  Maybe if I had that $700.00 picture taking thing it would look better.  I will try to think up a way to justify buying that...
The last cover I did is this one.
I used Jennifer's SVG again and welded some smaller hearts together.  The larger heart is embossed, and applied with foam dimensionals to lift it away from the base for a 3-D look, and has some stickels on it.  Here is what it looks like open.
I think this last one is my favorite so far.  I took a strip of coordinating base paper and used it at the top of the candy bar, punched a hole in it and put the ribbon on.  To make the sleeve I used a sheet of paper 7 1/2 inches by 6 inches.  It is scored on the 6 inch side at 1 1/2 inches and 1 3/4 inches and again at 4 1/8 and 4 3/8th.  Fold the score lines well and make sure it is square.  When you glue the back seam make sure it is square before you secure it or the "box" will be lopsided.  If it is too long, you can trim the bottom.  If the sleeve is too loose, you can glue the bottom shut and the candy bar will not fall through.   Punch a hole in the top for some cute ribbon and you are all set.  I covered the inside chocolate bar with 1/2 sheet of printer paper.  You can print or stamp what ever you want on the inside.  I think a Victorian type cover would be cute too.  I may work on that one tomorrow.  I need Crafty Neighbor Barb to help create something new.   Ok, Barb work at your real job quickly tomorrow so we can play!  I would hate to show up at the City building pounding on the door like Sheldon on the Big Bang Theroy.  Barb...Barb...Barb....Barb....Barb....Barb....

1 comment:

  1. LOL....I watch the Big Bang Theory and think it would be funny although Barb might not. You do such beautiful work. I sent you a message in Splitcoaststampers (don't know your email). Any ways, this is really fantastic. I love it.

    ReplyDelete