Our Little Buddy-much loved and still missed.

Our Little Buddy-much loved and still missed.
"RESCUED" is my favorite breed oh, and Dachshunds!

Thursday, January 26, 2012

TGIF Eve

Working is so overrated.  The sad fact when you are a business owner is no work, no pay so off I will go.  There is a big scrapping weekend event happening here.  It starts on Friday.  I am in hopes I can drag my stuff from the crap room (yes it's messed up again hence the name change) and join the group Saturday.  I have several projects in mind and I hope I get to work on them.  I came across a picture that just cracks me up.  It is SO something my brothers would do. 

We have so many GI Joe stories from the "old" days.  They had every GI Joe made plus all the accessories when they were little.  When Joe went out on a mission with those boys, he knew it might be his last.  I have visions of Joe with a rope tied to his waist braving the "toilet rapids".  The rope was on just to make sure Joe could be extracted in the event he went a little to far down the drain.  It also saved a spanking from Dad when he had to pull the toilet to get something out that didn't belong there.  He dangled hanging out the camper door at the end of a fishing pole bouncing down Route 66 several times.  Not to worry the chain was on the outside of the camper door keeping it from flying all the way open.  It opened just far enough to let Joe outside.  Dad didn't fall off the old turnip truck yesterday.  He saw people going around him flipping him off and wondered exactly what was going on back there.  Hey, we were tired of playing cards.  Yep old Joe covered many firecracker bombs with his body to save the rest of the squad more than once.  If we only had now what we had then.  Someone would be rich.  Original GI Joe's are fetching a pretty price.   Ahh...the stuff you remember looking at a random pic found on the internet.

3 comments: