Our Little Buddy-much loved and still missed.

Our Little Buddy-much loved and still missed.
"RESCUED" is my favorite breed oh, and Dachshunds!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Am I dreaming?

Yes, I live in Kansas but even by our standards today was too good to be true.  70 degrees?  In January?   I am sure we will pay for it soon.  Probably pay for it with lots of ice and/or snow.   I had a client cancel their appointment with me today and I took advantage of the time and walked a mile out in the fresh warm air.  It was wonderful!
I was lurking on pintrest this morning about 4:30 am (yes nothing better to do) and saw a cute pic of a teacup glued to a saucer.  It was a birdseed holder.   It hung from a steel bird feeder hook and was so cute.  Now why can't I think up stuff like that?  I think I may have to hit the consignment stores and get some neat cups and saucers to make a few.   They would be cute around a flowerbed. 
Today there was a bird count in our area.   I could have participated counting birds, but I had to work.   So, I filled the bird feeder to see who would come to eat out of it today before I left for work and it was only sparrows.  We had a bumper crop of them last summer.  The little log cabin bird house out in the big tree had 4 hatchings of them.   There is still a pair of them going in and out of it now!  It's so funny to see the male on the front porch and the female poking her head out the door.  My 19 pound cat hid himself as best as he could by the grill hoping to snag a straggler bird on the ground.  No luck, his large gut just slows him down too much.   I don't think he will alter the bird count much unless the neighbor quits feeding him treats in addition to what we give him.   We can't get him to lose weight with all the snacks he gets elsewhere.  I swear he has to have some Maine Coon in his bloodlines somewhere.  Well, it's time to get back on pintrest to see what wondrous things I can find to add to my "idea" book.  Happy Crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment