Our Little Buddy-much loved and still missed.

Our Little Buddy-much loved and still missed.
"RESCUED" is my favorite breed oh, and Dachshunds!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Spreading the Sunshine

Well I dusted off the old stethoscope, bought a scrub top and volunteered at the free health clinic as a triage nurse today.  I must admit it was fun.  Nice to see some of the patients I have not seen for a long time.  What was not to like?  Free coffee, home made cookies, computerized charting, new equipment and lots of really dedicated people.  Two doctors, one Nurse Practitioner, three nurses and one EMT.   They even had my son the hospital IT Tech man there to help when I hit the wrong keys and lost my chart.  We saw everyone who came in for care in about three and a half hours.  If they keep serving such good cookies I will be back there all the time!
Saw a really neat idea on (of course) Pintrest for re purposing old glass light fixture covers.  You know the white round one's that we all have (or had) in the bathroom or hallways?  Someone stuffed a string of Christmas lights inside them and placed them in the flowerbed.  Wowza!!  Instant orbs!  I am SO doing that!  You always see them at the Salvation Army store for a buck or two apiece.  Why at that price adding some 50% off lights makes a cheap cool looking patio accent.  I swear I am always finding something else to "make".  Get ready Crafty Neighbor Barb........

No comments:

Post a Comment