Our Little Buddy-much loved and still missed.

Our Little Buddy-much loved and still missed.
"RESCUED" is my favorite breed oh, and Dachshunds!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year

Well here it is 2012.    So many things have been going on I have not had time to post anything until now.  Thankfully things are back to normal and I can once again ramble on here.  Surgery girl is finally well thank goodness.  It was a bit of a challenge for the first couple of weeks.  Christmas Eve was action packed with a 3 year old running amuck on a sugar high until he started puking about 9 pm.  Poor guy was too sick to play with his new toys on Christmas Day.  Someone always has to be ill on Christmas.  We need to start a family lottery to see who can pick out which family member will be ill on Christmas.  To sweeten the pot, we might add a bonus if they visit the emergency room.  I spent several Christmas's there with one kid or another. 

Santa was good to everyone but it was nice to move on to the New Year.  I am looking forward to only good things in the future.  Yep, my ship might actually come in this year.  My new saying is "don't look back, you are not going that way."  Watch out Crafty Neighbor Barb and I have dreamed up all kinds of things to make in the coming year.  She has been cleaning out her house across the street and putting stuff all over the place just to see if I will come over and take something.  I can almost hear her laughing as she piles stuff on the porch, thinking I might take some of it off her hands.   I am standing firm, one suitcase is enough.  No matter how nicely she hangs out those old clothes on the porch or how many kinds of  KU colored folding chairs she sets next to the trash can out front I will not cave in again! 

1 comment:

  1. OH GOODNESS!!!! Bless your little one's heart!!!! To be sick on Christmas is the worst!!! Hope he's back to running non stop!!! I also wanted to THANK YOU so much for your VERY sweet comment you left on my blog....I wish you a very blessed day!!!

    ReplyDelete