Our Little Buddy-much loved and still missed.

Our Little Buddy-much loved and still missed.
"RESCUED" is my favorite breed oh, and Dachshunds!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

It IS possible!

It does pay to get up at the butt crack of dawn some days.  I figured out how to work a little more with Inkscape.  Funny how if you move some nodes around you can correct some problems.  Who knew?  (Well I didn't!)  Here is the finished box.  Crafty Neighbor Barb and I got a couple hours in today to try and figure out what we are doing for our next class.  Guess this is one project.


I saw a neat way to put the tiny hearts on so they are more "3-D."  We tried it and I do say I like it. We always find something new to try.  Barb is so smart.  We kept messing up the embossing folder pieces that we were working with and she simply marked the side that popped up after embossing.  Geeze!!  Then I told her the butterfly's on the butterfly box can't be embossed, or at least I could not come up with an easy way and POOF!  She laid that little sucker down and folded it around so it would go right on through the cuddlebug.   Not sure what I would do without both of us putting our heads together.  We are getting very dangerous.  You know how it is when you ponder something so much that you can't see the obvious.  I think it's crafters block.


I also tried to make a paper flower using coffee filters.  I dyed them with craft paint and water.  S-I-M-P-L-E.  Now the big question is do I make smaller one's to add to a "may basket paper cone" or cut out 2 sizes and make a heart wreath out of them?   I may have to try both to see which is more fun.   Such big decisions.....at any rate we decided to offer these at our spring class.


So for our class this month we will offer the little purse, the impossible box and butterfly box.  It will be held at Frog Hollow in Pratt.  Time to be announced soon.  Watch their site on Facebook for more information. 

As I sit here this Sunday evening, I find myself thinking random thoughts.  One is how blessed I really am.  I only had to wait 32 years to get a craft room in my house.  Dedicated space for my toys WOW.   The DH is complaining that old crooked foot (the 16 year old manx cat) won't stay off his lap.  She follows him everywhere and even sleeps on his side of the bed during the day when he is gone.  Now not everyone is lucky enough to have that kind of relationship with an animal.  She keeps him company while I am busy in my craft room.  How lucky is that?   When we got married a long, long time ago he didn't even like cats.  Everyone can change given enough time.  

The only thing that never changes are the stupid commercials on TV.   Sobbing women make who want to watch the bachelor?   I don't need to see drama on TV I live it!  Heck there is so much going on in my little town we could have a TLC program here.  Check us out TLC.   It's going to start off with our usual "nosey neighbor one to nosey neighbor two, you got a copy?   Maybe they can get us a game camera so we can find out for sure who is putting crap in Mike and Nancy's dumpster.  In the middle of the night.  When everyone is sleeping........ahh small town USA.

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment