Our Little Buddy-much loved and still missed.

Our Little Buddy-much loved and still missed.
"RESCUED" is my favorite breed oh, and Dachshunds!

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Stamped Tiles

Well crafty neighbor Barb and I got together and did some stamped coasters.
I think they came out pretty well.  I actually scored on the stamps.  Some gal was at a craft show and had a basket of "used" stamps.  I got 4 for 3.75!  SCORE!  The craft show was not very busy, I think the 45 mph gusting north wind had something to do with the turnout.  When you can't the the doors open (even between the gusts) it deters the little old ladies from getting in.  Nothing stops me from getting to the craft show.  It was amazing to see the tumbleweeds flying across the road in front of the truck on the way into town.  Where did they come from?  There was even one in front of the Municipal Building where the craft show was.    The crops failed this year due to the drought but the tumbleweeds had a wonderful growing season.

When my kids were little I gave them cap guns, strapped them in the car seats and let them "shoot" the tumbleweeds on the way to town.  I wonder what would happen if I did that today?  How long can I last before I get pulled over?  Shooting tumbleweeds was a great learning game.  You counted the tumbleweeds you "killed", talked about distance, colors etc.  it was far more entertaining than plugging in a DVD for them to watch.  I even remember some really creative people spraying tumbleweeds white, stacking them up and selling them as snowmen.  They shipped the tumbleweeds everywhere.  My favorite web sites had pictures of the "tumbleweed ranches" on the Internet that had the darn things scattered all over a wheat field.  All that green wheat dotted with brown tumbleweeds.  Like cattle grazing.......guess someone fell for that they sold like hotcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment