Our Little Buddy-much loved and still missed.

Our Little Buddy-much loved and still missed.
"RESCUED" is my favorite breed oh, and Dachshunds!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

My tiny little thoughts

Some Sunday mornings when I get up, I hear Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! You know like on TV.  I wonder what the day has in store for us.  Today the sun was not shining, it was too cold to play, so we just sat in our recliners on this yucky cold day.  No Sunday paper.. nope, they quit delivering the real paper.  No more mornings sitting there with a fresh cup of coffee looking at all the ad's,  clipping coupons listening to Jerry the bird yelling "hey let me out!"  Now we just sit there drinking coffee listening to "good morning!", "hello pretty bird", "here kitty kitty."  No comforting newsprint smell.  No rattling paper sounds.  What is this world coming to?  I don't want to look at a tiny version of the newspaper on the laptop.  Hell, I can't even see the print.  If I make it larger then I have to move the mouse around to see the articles.  We are talking about a all my life tradition here!  To focus the newspaper you either moved your glasses a little bit, or took them off.
I don't take this lightly.  My Sunday morning memories as a kid are waking up to the smell of coffee at my grandparents house hearing the rattling of newspaper and smelling eggs cooking.  Now, just who are these newspaper creeps that are messing with our Sunday morning memories?  What will the grandkids remember about Sunday mornings?   Oh, I know things change.  Money is the bottom line.   They are messing with tradition here.  Yes, I do look at the paper on line.  I am techo-enabled.  I just hate it.  The laptop is heavier, takes up the space that the little dog sits in, and if you hit a key that happens to be a hot key the whole screen disappears and you lose what you were looking at.  I do it all the time.  GEEZE!!   I am somewhat flexable and can adjust to change.  Some days I feel like a willlow tree in the 70 mph wind gusts.  I must admit, not being able to get a newspaper anymore feels like being screwed over and not getting a kiss when they were through with you. 
They even took the newspaper stands away.  It was like waking up Christmas morning to find that the Grinch took all the Christmas stuff.  It went something like DH- "hey no paper yet".  Me-"maybe we should call to see where it is."  DH-"They are not delivering it anymore."   Edit out the words the DH said here.. Me-"Ok go to the newspaper stand and see if they have one left."  DH- "hell I did, they took the stand away too!"  We both were in open mouth amazement.  Yep, there we stood just like the who's down in Whoville, I just wanted to hold hands and sing

 Fah who for-aze! Fah who for-aze!
Dah who dor-aze! Dah who dor-aze!
Welcome Christmas, Welcome Christmas,
Come this way! Come this way!

Maybe the newspaper fairy will bring the newspaper stand back.  Maybe someday I will look out front and see a newspaper laying on the sidewalk.  Yeah, in my life what will happen is that I will look out the front door and all I will see is a pile of dog crap from the neighbors dog.  That's change for ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment