Our Little Buddy-much loved and still missed.

Our Little Buddy-much loved and still missed.
"RESCUED" is my favorite breed oh, and Dachshunds!

Monday, December 5, 2011

Playing with blocks

Crafty neighbor Barb and I have been at it again.  This time we have been playing with wooden blocks.  We decided that we could make those little painted blocks that say Christmas "things" on them.  Last week I bought the wood, brought it home and cut it into different lengths.  (Thanks Dad for the help) There was a craft show on Saturday so we checked out items to see what was selling and for how much.  There were some wooden blocks but we didn't like them, the price was right but they looked too "distressed" for me.   Sunday we got together to start our blocks.  We decided to paint ours and put paper on one side of them and then put the vinyl letters.  Hummm...how to put the paper on?  Glue it or spray glue it?  Ok, spray glue it is! The only down side to that is you can't spray it in the house.  Out to the garage we go.   It was all going well until the nozzel clogged up on the spray can.  Rats!!  I took a pencil to unclog the little hole.  What I didn't pay attention to was the fact that my finger was stuck fast to the nozzle.   I pushed down on the nozzle to see if it was unclogged and ...nothing.  I stuck that little pencil in the hole one more time, looking very carefully to see that I put it exactly in the right spot.  Pfffsssssttttttt.......right in my EYE!  I could not get my finger off the nozzle to stop it, fingers don't work too well when they are stuck.  Barb being the good friend burst out laughing and forgot ( I am sure she forgot) to ask me if I was OK!  Lock tight in the eye does not feel too good.  All I could think of is how would I explain this in the emergency room?  Heck, I would look like a pirate.  One eye stuck shut, no patch needed.  I suppose I could have just stick come Christmas paper over my eye to look festive.

I believe I might have said "shit" before I started laughing hysterically.   This was so obsurd.  There we stood hysterically laughing, I had to cross my legs to keep from peeing my pants,  the tears from laughing so hard were running down my face in the 20 some degree garage.  M glasses and face were spritzed with glue.   We could not speak, and my sides ached from gasping for air.   When we could stop laughing long enough, Barb looked on the can and read me the part that said to only clean the nozzle with turpentine.  DO NOT POKE IT.  Ok, note to self...next time don't look at the nozzle and stick stuff in the little hole.  We did manage to get the paper on the blocks and quit for the day.

 We finished the blocks today



I think they came out pretty well.  The peace blocks have ribbon around the edges of the blocks.   They will be for sale at Frog Hollow if you are interested.  I always seem to learn something when I am doing crafts.  This time it's to be more careful with spray glue.  I think next time Barb is in charge of the spray glue.  I can stick those papers on the wood.....right Barb? 

No comments:

Post a Comment