Our Little Buddy-much loved and still missed.

Our Little Buddy-much loved and still missed.
"RESCUED" is my favorite breed oh, and Dachshunds!

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Collections

Ok, I found out something interesting today.  Did you know people collect old cloth diapers?  Diapers??  I have a friend who put some on eBay so I checked it out after she told me about it. There was a listing for "mint" condition curity diapers that brought over hundred dollars!  Really??  I checked it out further and found a unopened plastic pack of size 3/4 Pampers circa 1984 that sold for $182.00.  WHAT???  What on earth are people doing with old pampers?  What do they do with cloth diapers?  OMG!! I just remembered that I HAVE some old cloth one's from the 1970's!   I kinda got the shakes when I remembered that.   Blankets were flying out of the closet and on to the floor, my arms were whirring like a windmill.  I know they are in the closet somewhere.  Eureka!  There they are!  Some even still have the curity stamp on them.  They are kinda yellow so I will see if I can make them white before I list them.  I kept them for dust rags originally,  but man am I glad I didn't use them for that now. 

Next, I am looking for the opened but never used sample of an original vintage pull up circa early 80's.  That surely is like a salesman's sample from the past.  Yeah, it might really be worth something.   I kept them in case a kid that size came to the house and needed them.  Gee, maybe I should keep that for the Antiques Road Show.  What to do, what to do.  Nah....gotta sell it.    Pampers could become like gold coins.   You could barter with them.  I'll trade you this cool 88 pamper for that really nice paper pack from Hobby Lobby.   Maybe I should buy a couple of cases of pampers and store them.  When I die it could be the kid's windfall.  How about that kids?  Mom died and left you some pampers!  Oh yes, go ahead and laugh.  That lady on eBay is laughing all the way to the bank.  She probably works for a TV cable channel and helps with that hoarders show.   Yep, she probably pulled them out of a house somewhere.   Ok, guess I better get back to work on the cute little candy box I am making for St. Patty's day.  I will post it when I get done.   It's a pot of gold.  Keep your eyes open for nice old diapers.  You could be making some bank on eBay! 

Hope crafty neighbor Barb is having fun at her big scrapping weekend.  Better be getting some good ideas together for us. 

Happy Crafting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment