Our Little Buddy-much loved and still missed.

Our Little Buddy-much loved and still missed.
"RESCUED" is my favorite breed oh, and Dachshunds!

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Pot of Gold Box

Ok, here is the second attempt at the "Pot of Gold Box!"  I had another one on here and didn't like it, so POOF! Away it went.  Here is a pic of the box I do like.
Now who would not want a cute little box like this with some candy or something else in it?   Money?  I think some hundred dollar bills would be nice in there.  The finished size is appx. 3 x 3 1/2.  I used some flower soft(you know the stuff that seems to sit in the drawer forever unused) on the piece at the bottom and glued some shamrocks to it.  The handle is only attached at the top so it looks like it is hanging off the pot.  Here is a quickie tutorial.
Get the free SVG here.
I also have one in SCUT2

When you cut the files, I broke them apart and cut the smaller circles (one fits on top of another) in two different colors,  gold and glitter gold.  Then I glued it on the pattern before I put it together. 
Next flip the box over so you are working on what will be the inside of the box and fold on the lines shown.
I used red sticky tape to put on all 4 tabs.  It is much more secure if you use this kind of tape.
Fold the sides up and secure them.  You might want to do some trial fittings before you stick them down,  Once they are stuck...well you know.  The  long pointed part needs to be folded to elongate the part that will go into the slit.  The folds also help keep it shut.
Shut the box and take the handle part and attach it only at the top with some glue.  I cut a wavy circle out and marked where I wanted the box to sit and then put flower soft around that area.  I cut some small shamrocks out and put them in the flowersoft.  I bet it's been a year or more since I used that darn stuff.  It's one of those things you just "have" to have and then don't use. 
Here is a side view of it finished. 

You don't have to put it on a base, it stands fine by itself.  I just like that look.  Hope you have some fun making these.  They don't take long to whip up.  Now to see if anyone will put some hundreds in my little box.  I think I will leave the lid open slightly and have a little sign that says "insert hundred dollar bills here."   Ok, I really need to snap out of it.....my family would stick something in there that says, "dream on" and then say they thought it was a tiny little suggestion box. 

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment