Our Little Buddy-much loved and still missed.

Our Little Buddy-much loved and still missed.
"RESCUED" is my favorite breed oh, and Dachshunds!

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Burrrr....

Some days I wonder why I procrastinate so long about things.   It's a life long habit.  It never ends well.  If it's bills, then you get a late fee.  If it's housework then you spend more time cleaning.  If you don't get something put away before the temperature drops for the winter, you get cold and have to chop ice.   I had some goldfish to get out of horse tank for the winter and waited until the ice was thick, the good old Kansas wind was blowing and the sky's were grey with thick damp clouds.  Now of course getting them out when the sun was shining and the temps were in the mid 60's would have been too easy.  It takes about 2 minutes to net them out.  But noooo...I wait till I have to chop some ice off my fish pond, put the little heater in and then chop another hole to put the fish in when I bring them home.  Then I drive to Mom and Dads, and go fight the ice chunks in the horse tank. Netting the fish and avoiding scooping up ice chunks is really hard.  After getting the big one's out, I had to freeze my duff off looking for the one little one that I can't see because I need some sunshine to help me see the dumb thing. 

Those fish really grew this summer!  I wonder what was in the food they were eating?   They are big enough to eat.   Well, if you like carp and eating your fish friends.  Yuck.   I think I really need a hair cut too.  The wind kept whipping my hair into my eyes.   It was hard to see and frozen hands don't work too well to get it out of your face.  It amazes me how hands turn into clubs when they get cold.  Really cold.    It's hard to wrap your scarf around your head with club hands too.  I need to really think about this next year.  Frozen hands on a cold winter day or warm hands, and quick netting job assisted by sunshine so I can see all the fish.  Hummm...I wonder what I will pick?   At any rate, the hair gets chopped off tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment