Our Little Buddy-much loved and still missed.

Our Little Buddy-much loved and still missed.
"RESCUED" is my favorite breed oh, and Dachshunds!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Celebrate!

Where else but in small town America can you hold a shopping event for the entire town (plus surrounding area) and serve liquor?  It was so much fun, shopping, food, wine, ghost-teenies, visiting with old and new friends (the more stores you stopped in and drank, the more new friends you meet) and lots of store discounts.  To cap off the evening there was even a large prize drawing at the end of the event at the municipal building.  I LOVE the small town life.  Everyone had manners, I didn't see one person with a sonic cup trying to fill it up with free drinks on the sly.  No old ladies had their purses open scooping up brownies for later either.   If you were nice you could get seconds on the drinks and snack were unlimited.   Some were homemade goodies too.   The local flower shop had killer home made cheese balls.  No one minded the jaywalkers threading their way across the highway and side streets.  Rock music from a radio station set up in front of the bank blared down the street.  One of the large gift stores had live music.  My lawyer was singing and playing the guitar.  Wow, I didn't know he did that on the side.  I have to see him to sign some papers next week, think it would cost me a little more for a song while I am there?    Keep the big city life...I don't miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment