Our Little Buddy-much loved and still missed.

Our Little Buddy-much loved and still missed.
"RESCUED" is my favorite breed oh, and Dachshunds!

Monday, March 12, 2012

Fooling Around

I finally got time to make a few cards this weekend.  The craft room is officially the "crap" room again and I can't find my little scissors now but what the heck.  The first card I did was an Easter Card.  I saw a challenge on Split Coast Stampers and loved the look of them.  I made a SVG (get it here) to share. 

To assemble: cut the eggs and slider out, you will have to break the pattern apart to cut the slider portion in a different color.  The large egg portion with the slits in it is the bottom back half.  The slider "legs" fit into the slots on the back of the card.  The slider insert should be on top of the bottom part.   The plain bottom half (top) is glued to the bottom half around the edges only so the slider can go up and down.  You will need to position the slider in the up position and put the top half of the egg where you want it in order to see where you can stamp the slider.  You want to see just where the message will show and how much room you have for a stamp.  Be sure to stamp or decorate the slider before you glue the top pieces on.  Also shut the card to make sure it lines up properly before you glue on the top parts.  Don't ask me how I found that out.  Let's just say my trash can has a partially finished card in it.  I cut strips to put across the bottom of the egg for the colored stripes, and trimmed them to fit.  I added ribbon etc to finish the card.   

This is a swing card that I did.  I saw these on some blog and loved them.






 I found a video on you tube.  You can see the video here.  It was posted by DreamingaboutRS.  I love her tutorial, it's precise and clear.  I really like these cards, they look so neat when they are finished.

The last card is a peek a boo.  I was lurking on some board (can't remember which one) and found this tutorial on you tube.  This card is really easy and fun!  I am working on the St. Patricks Day cards now and this worked out nicely. 

It's foggy here this morning.  It seems like someone put vellum over the windows.   I hope this week goes fast, I am looking forward to playing in the craft room again.  Well after I clean it up, and find my scissors.   I am working on a suitcase dog bed out of that suitcase I found across the street, by the neighbors trash.  Wish me luck.  It's going to be a challenge.   I can hear the moaning now from my kids.  GEEZE MOM, you are such a dumpster diver.  Well let's just see who creates something cool.  Oh yeah, pictures will be posted kids. 

Happy Crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment